Jisc is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for users. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
- Contrast level and font attributes
- Zoom in up to 400% without problems
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Site is fully accessible via tabbing
- Fully trapping user focus when appropriate
- Autofocusing on the first content element on new page
- All elements have the appropriate attributes
- Aria landmarks include text
- Contain major sections via a landmark element
- Content tags present after heading
- Visible label and accessible name matches
- Offscreen content is hidden to screen readers
- Semantically correct headings to screen readers
- Prevent screen reading of unnecessary/decorative elements
- Allow user to request more time upon website timeout
Jisc continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use for those of us with disabilities. Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on Sherpa Services fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be the result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on Sherpa Services or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us as detailed below and we will be happy to assist. If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions, or need assistance please contact us.